Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with LVTTL to RS232 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvttl rs232

i just want a clarification about this.

is "RS232 to TTL converter" different from "TTL to RS232 converter"?

max232 serial converter is an RS232 to TTL converter?

can anybody provide me with a schematic of LVTTL to RS232 converter.i badly need it to reconfigure my bluetooth module.

please help. need it. badly need it. :(

lvttl-rs232 converter

MAX232 and similar serves both directions. Details can be found in MAX232 and other datasheets.

P.S.: LVTTL (3V supply) would need a 3V compatible part, e. g. MAX3232 operated from 3V. With 5V operated MAX232, RX to Bluetooth module signal would need a voltage divider.

lvttl max232

sir could you elaborate further on this..

With 5V operated MAX232, RX to Bluetooth module signal would need a voltage divider.

ahmm, u mean i can actually use max232 to serve as an LVTTL but i just need a voltage divider connected to the ic's Rx before i attach it to the bluetooth module?

pardon my ignorance. :cry:

rs232 to lvttl

Hello,

the point is that MAX232 (if operated according to the specification) needs 5V supply and thus has 5 V logic output voltage. This shouldn't be connected to 3V operated Bluetooth module. Some modules may tolerate 5 V on serial input, you should check the specification in this regard. If not, you should use a series resistor, e. g. 2.2K or a voltage divider (2.2k series resistor from MAX232 to module RX input, 4.7k from module RX input to ground). For TX line, MAX232 could well operate with 3V signal from module, cause it has 2.0 V (TTL alike) minimal high level.

Regards,
Frank

lvttl-rs232

i actually tried using the max232 on the module a couple of times.. goodthing it wasnt damaged considering the module is supposed to be at 3volts. i was hoping i could configure the module via hyperterm using max232 but then there was no response. now that you've mentioned putting a voltage divider, i might as well try. hopefully it would work. :D

thank you so much for your help. if anything goes wrong, or if i need some more clarifications, i hope you'd still be willing to help.

thank you mr. frank!

:)

lvttl-rs232

Hi tanz,
I don't understand where you want to use the converter. It would be helpfully if you provide a block diagram of your application.

ep20k

max232 to lvttl

i think ics like max202 can do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back