Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog code for correlation of two images

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameem_shabbir

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I need a verilog code for corelation of two images (gray scale)
Is there any available?

Thnx in advance

Corelation of images

hey are you doing any project in image processing?

Corelation of images

could you explain me abt ur project? exactly what are u implementing in FPGA

Re: Corelation of images

I suggest you to use Altera DSP Builder, it is a good tool to start to doing a model, simulate and implement to the FPGA.

Hi
My project is to take two images.(from the camera or manually input it via parallel or some other port)
Crop them and then find correlation coefficent of the twp cropped images

I am using XESS board (XST-3000) board which has a onboard video decoder chip available.
Moreover one can also input the image via parallel port.

This is a sub part of a project; the main project is to make a driver state sensor
As a sub part i have to do this

I would recommend you to start using Simulink, and creating a high level model about the main properties of your project.

After you have to use the blocks provides from your FPGA vendor (Xilinx or Altera) in order to make your model suitable to FPGA configuration.

At the end, you'll have implemented a custom block to doing your image processing and you must to integrate with (nios or microblaze from ISE or quartus)

Do you mean that i should start with MATLAB

I have go very less time

Is it going to be suitable

I do not know your timing requirements exactly. I did not mean Matlab, I did mean using Simulink. This is a high-level application to develop dsp interconecting blocks, not code.

The main advantage is simulation withouth hardware of your model. you can load both images and view the result of your DSP algorithm.

Finally, when your algorithm works fine, you must compile the design and import from your FPGA system on chip tool.

I am sorry i didnt tell earlier
I have MATLAB code available with me
which gives me proof of concept.

I thought you were talking about simulink to HDL conversion

Now any other options

Yes it is exactly I'm talking of doing a simulink model and compile it in order to generate a vhdl block which can be imported from the FPGA tool of you FPGA vendor.

Yes i tried it
But as far as I know simulink doesnot convert image processingblocks to vhdl.
Whenever I have tried it it gave me error that unable to convert.

yes it is, Simulink to vhdl translation is not real, but I told you to use Altera DSP Builder under Simulink. This is a blockset provide by Altera in order to get Vhdl directly. There is an equivalence if you are using Xilinx devices

altera DSP builder is any other software or is a blockset of simulink?
From where should i get it

Added after 36 minutes:

I went to Altera site but couldnot find it there
I s it with any other name

hi sameem..

my name is tarun doin my B tech in telecommunication in vellore tamil nadu india

my project title is "Driver alertness and alcohol detection using FPGA". i hv written a code for detecting the eye in MATLAB only... but i need to implement it in FPGA but FPGA does not support MATLAB codes...

i saw ur post n u said u r doin some driver state sensor... hv u completed it??
i desperately need help regarding this... can u gimme ur mail id n phone number??

Here is my email adress
sameem_shabbir@yahoo.com

I had the same project title.
I will be happy to help u

however plz give me some time as my final presentation is on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back