Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check power consumption of proportional valves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzkunal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am building a system to test proportional valves they are rated at 24V and 700mA. I am wondering if they will draw this power when a pilot signal is supplied even if there is no load connected.

Thanks,

Kunal

how to hook up a proportion valve

Any suggestions for how I could test the Power consumption of these valves easily?

157b4033 datasheet

Perform a load test if u have a test bench on which u can install the valve. Otherwise, just hook up an ammeter to the supply.

pveh 157b4033

Hello,

I'm not sure, what you mean with load connected. If this refers to the fluid connections, it will ususally have no influence on current consumption, unless the valve has a position feedback. But to check or adjust driver circuit setpoints, you need a fluid supply, at best with nominal pressure and also a suitable flow meter.

Regards,
Frank

nzkunal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
test proportional valve

Hi,

Thanks for that yes by load connected I did mean fluid lines...

I am building a power supply for these valves and wanted to test it before actually using it to power these valves in the field. I was thinking of setting them up in the lab and running them from the power supply. But I want to set them up so they are consuming the max rated power and am not sure if that is actually possible without having the fluid lines connected.

The actual valves are PVEO 157B4228 & PVEH 157B4033 and their max power consumption as stated in the datasheet is 8W 24V @ 0.33A. I have already used a 70ohm 50W test setup to ensure that my power supply can provide 24V @ 0.33A.

Thanks again for your help

157b4033 valve

Hello,

I would expect maximum current flow with pilot signal at the limits. If you want to test power supply rather than valves, you should consider data sheet maximum values plus some overhead, individual valves consumption may be lower.

b.t.w., to unload EDAboard server, you should rather post a link to manufacturers data sheets here.

Regards,
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back