Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

study24816

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gp3a53r datasheet

i've just bought a Hitachi DC motor. But i know nohow to use its encoder. it has 4 output lines and it's a GP3A53R sharp photointerupter. i can't find the datasheet. many other motors and encoders in me and my friends' lab also dont have datasheet.

sharp gp3a53r datasheet

Hello,

I believe that this part existed, but it's apparently some application specific encoder, not listed at Sharp. I guess it's basically a simple photointerrupter, similar to Sharp GP1xx parts, mainly differing in mechanical properties, but I may be wrong. I have used Sharp incremental encoders, they are 6-pin. But you should be able to check yourself.

You most likely can see, if it's a single "beam" interrupter, having just one slot at both sides of the wheel. If this is the case, you can identify an IR-LED at one side of the interrupter with a multimeter by it's forward voltage of around 1.3 V. Here you can connect supply through a resistor to have 10, max. 20 mA, e. g. 220 ohms with a 5 V supply. The other side is supposed to be a phototransistor, connect a 10 k load resistor to 5 V supply and find the correct polarity by trial.
Consult the Sharp GP1xx other any other photointerrupter data sheet for application circuits if in doubt.

Regards,
Frank

thank you ! i'll try it. finally, the solution is trial . coz' don't know which in the four outputs is diode pins, or transistor's pin. And, maybe the resistor you recommended for the transistor is a bit big ? transistor can often carry max 20mA. So we can just use a 500 ohm resistor. Am i right ?

**broken link removed** by DSP Innovations, recently launched a Free search
site for electronic component datasheets. Datasheets from all major manufacturers
and numerous international vendors can be found on this site, including Fairchild,
Toshiba, Intersil, NEC, and Texas Instrument. Datasheet collection includes:
amplifier, buffer, capacitor, CMOS, diode, FET, LED, Memory, MOSFET, rectifier,
Schottky, shifter, transistor, triac, USB, etc. Please try out the service and
provide your feedback to support -at- datasheetpro [dot] com.

Hope this will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.