Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementation of Wimax on DSP (resources on Wimax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatahd

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DSP for Wimax

Dear all,
I'm a newbie on DSP. Now, I'm preparing my final project that will be has a topic on the implementation of Wimax technology on DSP. There are TI DSP (6416 and 6711) available at my university's labolatory.
Would you give me some advices and ideas what kind of part of Wimax technology could be implemented on TI DSP? and also the technical documentation, ebooks, or related link that could be make me understand about it.
Thank you very much for your help in advanced.
rgds,
ta2

Re: DSP for Wimax

the title of your thesis is very general that need a group for realization complete of this project. I think it is better you focus on a part of this project example a part of Phy layer. then I think you first simulate and then implement it.

DSP for Wimax

Thank you so much for your advice.
What do you think if I would like to implement the error coding of Wimax PHY layer on TI DSP?
Could you advice me where I have to start?
Thanks.

Hi,
u can get lot of information about thechannel coding and start with the convolutional coder its very simple one and then proceed to viterbi decoder.

**broken link removed**
In this page, give ur details as "others" and u can download the wimax standard.

-Jeeva

DSP for Wimax

Thanks,
I have downloaded the file successfully. I'm trying to read and understand it.
If you have another resources about FEC on Wimax using TI DSP, please inform me. It will be helpul for me if there are some project examples, simulations, etc.

HI

FEC on Wimax you can find information in section 8.4.9 and subsection 8.4.9.2
it's convolutional coding "mandatory" and Turbo coding "optional"
you need to implement the deconvolutional encoder and viterbi decoder on the DSP .

note that Viterbi need a lot of computational resources. and it's better to be implemented on FPGA than DSP

you can find an essay attached regarding the CC and Viterbi decoder

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

Status
Not open for further replies.