Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement of Transistor Motorola MJ15004

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberBrite

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mj15004

Hi All,
Any body know replacement of transistor Motorola MJ 15004 use TO3 package model ?
Thanks in advance

15003 transistor

Sorry I mean replacement not complimentary. I have edited my question.
I know MJ 15004 is PNP transistor and its complimentary MJ 15003 as NPN transistor.

mj15004 transistor

Sorry for not reading the question exactly. However, the part is in production at Onsemi, don't need a replacement.

motorola transistor cross reference

It is not your false, I am wrong to post question : replacement with complimentary. I am sorry for that.
Okay, Is MJ 15004 easy to find ? If I can't find it, what replacement transistor can I use for similiarity that easy to find in the general electronic components store ?

TIA

transistor mj15004

Both Digikey and Mouser has them in stock (the Pb free version). Mouser lists NTE61 as a cross reference match and you might be able to find it at your local store, but NTE parts are usually more expensive.

Cheers

2n2955 replacement

In my country easy to find transistor made by National Semiconductor with their 2N serial transistors. Which 2N serial transistor is semilarity and able to replace Motorola MJ 15004 ?

motorola top-3 transistor

If your application uses voltages below 100V you can consider the 2N3055 .. the same case, similar stuff .. should be easy to get ..

Regards,
IanP

transistor mj15003 motorola electronic store

Hello,

from safe-area characteristics, it's no good idea to use 2N3055 far above Uce0,max of 60 volts. And for a MJ15004 replacement, PNP 2N2955 would be needed.

As a MJ15004 replacement with similar data, you could use 2N6609. I only know, that it had been manufatured from RCA, who also made MJ15004 in 70th.

Regards,
Frank

mj15004 transistor motorola

Thank you, I see datasheet 2N3055 and 2N6609 more closely similiar with MJ15004 but both less then power output.

motorola 2n3055 vs. digi key 2n3055

Finaly I have found and bought transistor MJ15004.
Now, reference to circuit diagram attached I want to use MJ15004 to control current to drive blower motor speed. In maximum speed blower motor (M) needs current about 14 Amperes at 12 VDC (lead acid accumulator voltage - battery).
But I don't know resistance value of resistor R1, because this I need help you to tell me resistance value of R1 ?
And if I want to control the blower motor speed from stop to high-speed, how much total variable resistance range between base to collector ?
Sorry if my english language badly, and thanks in advance for all your suggestions and help.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back