Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

strain gauge interface with pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassnan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
strain gauge interface

can anyone give me notes or hints on how i can interface a strain gauge to a microcontroller

strain gauge ic

Hi
You can use AD7730 IC from @nalog devices to condition the low level strain signals and interface this chip with spi interface with any micro like as pic ,8051,avr.

I used AD7730 ,and worked nice for me.But I do offer other AD77 members ,always I had problems with them in noisy and industerial environments.

Bye

ad7730 pic

Here's a good tutorial:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Microchip MASTERs Conference 2003

745 SEN
Sensor Instrumentation Design Approach

Abstract:
Designing a precision signal conditioning circuit can be tricky if all areas of the design are not taken into consideration. In this class,a precision load-cell will be used as the signal source, with a full scale output of less than 10mV. An instrumentation amplifier consisting of discrete resistors and op-amps will be used as the signal conditioning circuit, and a stand alone 12-bit A/D converter will perform the data acquisition. Filtering and voltage reference tradeoffs will also be discussed. Each student will then program a PIC18F252 using the ICD2 to show a working system, displaying individual results on an LCD display.

pic strain gauge

If you are familiar with 8051 , you can find MSC1210 from Texas

CPU 8051 , AD, Source.... all at www.TI.com

enjoy :)

www.linear.com/pdf/an43.pdf

You can find good solutions using pSoc micro from Cypressmicro,
check around application notes on Cypressmicro website
bye Stark

load cell signal conditioning circuits

This is a circuit based on ad7730 for loadcell,or strain gauge sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.