Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need 12-24 volts to 5 volts 3A regulator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbizzarow

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
24 to 12 volts regulators

ASA to ALL
im working on micronontroller based circuit .... circuit will drive by car bettery 12V or 24V.... in case of using simple 7805 regulator it become hotter though i screw heat sink with that regulator. pls share me some idea to make some reliable regulator cicuit. wich remain cool upto 3 amps.
regards

3amps regulators

Hi. You may use LM2576-5.0(or -ADJ). Look here:
\**broken link removed**

Best Regards.

7805 10a regÜlatÖr

thx both of you pal..... i appriciate if some one give some idea using convetionel regulator ICs and transistors.

24 volts 5 volts

drbizzarow said:
thx both of you pal..... i appriciate if some one give some idea using convetionel regulator ICs and transistors.

At 3amps load current it is better to use smps, then conventional regulators,with specific need to improve on enery losses, uising power from a car battery.

Sarma

3a regulators

use LM2595 regulator with 100khz switching supply.
or use 7805 with any 10A bipolar transister as driver.

7805 regulator circuit

I have the circuit.
I can send you my circuit design.
Send me your e-mail. pls

drbizzarow said:
ASA to ALL
im working on micronontroller based circuit .... circuit will drive by car bettery 12V or 24V.... in case of using simple 7805 regulator it become hotter though i screw heat sink with that regulator. pls share me some idea to make some reliable regulator cicuit. wich remain cool upto 3 amps.
regards

7805 design

hi tukul12....
im waiting for your mail

24 volts vs 5 volts

Hi you can use PQ30RV31 is a nice and cheap LVD 3A 1.5 to 30 volts from SHARP . gogle it

regards

tps5430 smps circuit

thx CapBlack .....
let me chk the local market this chip avilabelity... and cost.

7805 regulator 3a

Hi drbizzarow, Any linear regulator (such as PQ30RV31) will get just as hot as your original 7805 design.

To reduce power dissipation (heat), you must use a switching regulator, as suggested by several folks above.

Possibly helpful: National Semiconductor has an on-line tool for designing and simulating power supplies, and for buying a kit of parts. You may need to register, but it's free.
**broken link removed**

7805 3a circuit

Hi

Use TI TPS5430 single SO8 device with up to 3A of current and 9~30V input range

All the best

Bobi

reduce 12 volts to 5 volts

thx echo47... u r right my circuit will drive by 12 volt car battery system or 24 volt car battery system.... so main problem is to reduce heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.