Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using pins as general I/O while using the ADC of ATmega AVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthaarathi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
I have one doubt. While using the internal adc(one channel) of the mega avr whether other pins can be used as general purpose I/O.

atmega differential adc forum

All mega AVRs that have internal ADC also have flexibility in choosing I/O pins as input, while at the same time allowing you to use the other port pins as general I/O. The newer megas tend to have more flexibility than the older megas. You can typically select differential or single-ended input, one or more reference voltages, and some of them also have selectable input gain.

The newer megas also give you the ability to turn off the CMOS digital input buffer on the specific pin(s) you use as ADC input, which can lower your current consumption dramatically if you are measuring signals between digital high and digital low voltage levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back