Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INTER DIGITAL FILTER ON SUSPENDED SUBSTRATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravisankar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interdigitalfilter

HELLO,ALL

INTER DIGITAL SUSPENDED SUBSTRATE BAND PASS FILTER DESIGN CONCEPTS(EQATIONS ,PRACTICAL CONSIDARATIONS)

GIVE ONE EXAMPLE OF THE BPF IN TERM OF EQUATIONS AND HOW TO SIMULATED IN ADS(PLEASE SEND ADS SIMULATED LAY OUT AND RESULTS)

BPF SPECIFICATIONS: 1) PASS BAND:5.4GHz-5.8GHz,
2)REJ@3.5GHz:60Db min,
3)REJ@7GHz :60Db,
4)RETURN LOSS:15Db min

THANK YOU,ALL

What for dimensions need the filter and how much Power need you? I have a small Powerfilter with following Dimensions: LxBxH ca. 25x13x13

Dear,
I have a rule of thumb that I always use in microwave filter design: never expect more than 45 dB rejection on a stopband of a real filter. If you need more than this value use two filters with lower order cascaded with some sort of buffer in between. For 5 to 6 GHz you can use gain blocks like NBB 400 or NBB 500 between the cells.
I developed two mathcad files to analyze suspended striplines single and coupled. The files are attached. Using these files I did some good filters up to 2.2GHz. My attempt in 5GHz range was really bad, but I think it is worthy you try it.

NandoPG

Status
Not open for further replies.