Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use spectre to perform post layout simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

walker5678

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using DRACULA LPE program to extract the parasitic parameters of the circuit, and the LPE program generate a netlist file LSPICE.DAT. I would like to know how to use spectre to simulate the netlist file? I added the content of LSPICE.DAT to the input.scs file, and run simulation, but the simulator did not accept the spice format netlist. How can i do ? Appreciate your help.

thanks.

Use "simulator lang=spice" command for SPICE based netlist or use SPICE netlist as include. For file with extension .scs preprocessor uses comand "simulator lang=spectre".
For more reference look "SPICE Compatibility" section of Spectre Circuit Simulator User Guide.

Thanks. Yes , it works. But it can not plot the result waveform, what's the matter? thanks

If the analysis statements below SPICE based netlist, before them insert command "simulator lang=spectre".

walker5678

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot. You helped me.

A further question would like to know is how to plot both waveforms of pre-layout simulation and post layout simulation in the same window, so as to compare the difference?

best regards,

using awd or wavescan tools to open the psf files. you can open two database and plot different items in a same graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back