Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mainboard repair laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

java12

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mainboard repair

hello i am beginner in repair laptop
i want to find the answer for all this question:
# Power but no boot: Bad Input/Output controller chip, or bad video chip.
Symptoms: The LED light Turing on but the computer still doesn't boot.
in this situation what is the solution what i do for i resolve the probleme what the component electronic i will check and what chip i will change and what hardware i use for that.

# Shut down/hang when move: Open circuit, loose connection, cold solder
Symptoms: shut down when move the laptop
what i do to find what is the problme if is open circuit and what is the methode and hardawre i use to fin him

# Intermittent booting: Bad video chip, bad input/output controller chip
Symptoms: Laptop has power but gets hard to boot. If you press the power button and the central of the keyboard at the same time, laptop will boot.

# No power at all: Bad power chip, open circuit, short circuit, or loose connection.
Symptoms:Nothing showing up when you press the power button

# AC adapter turns off when plugged to the computer: Short circuit, short components
Symptoms: The LED light on the AC adapter turns off.
in this situation what is the methode to find for exemple the power transistor foulty or another component electonics

# Broken power jack: Loose connection, cold solder, broken jack
Symptoms: Need wiggle to connect, no power at all, intermittent power up

# System hangs: Bad video chip, bad hard drive controller, bad CPU controller.
Symptoms: System hangs when the windows starting, running for 5-10 minutes, or playing DVD

# No charge: Bad charging chip, bad diodes, bad inductor, bad power jack, or open circuit
Symptoms:Works with battery but it doesn't work with AC adapter, no power at all.

# Graphic Problems: Bad video chip on the board or bad LCD
Symptoms: Vertical/horizontal lines, distort color, flickering, intermittent booting

# Over heat: Bad thermal chip, bad fan
Symptoms: Restart unexpectedly, shut down randomly

# Doesn't recognize devices: Loose connection, cold solder, bad input/output controller chip set
Symptoms: doesn't recognize hard drive, USB ports, Digital card, CD ROM, PCMCIA, wireless card etc.

# Cannot go to the internet: Bad Input/output controller, bad Ethernet chip and wireless card, loose connection, cold solder
Symptoms: No Internet signal (the page cannot be displaced)
please help me for find the answer to this question
because same situation of this question it is situatioin right for me and i am finded in this situation and iam noting i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.