Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert VHDL to C, how to convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggniy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert vhdl to c

hi ppl!

does anyone noe how to convert VHDL to C?
coz i've a VHDL code but im using microblaze in my project, so i need to put C code in it.

thanx!

convert VHDL to C

I think you are confused! You probably don't need such a converter.

VHDL is for designing digital logic. The Xilinx ISE tools synthesize your VHDL and download it into the FPGA.

MicroBlaze is a microprocessor core (written in VHDL, but encrypted because it's proprietary) that you can also synthesize and put into the FPGA. MicroBlaze, like other microprocessors, executes its own unique machine code. You can generate MicroBlaze machine code by compiling your C code with the GNU C Compiler (GCC) that's included with the Xilinx EDK software package. Then you store the MicroBlaze machine code in a ROM or RAM that's connected to the MicroBlaze's instruction bus.

Re: convert VHDL to C

if you are reffeing to hardware accelerators of software, the built in solution in ublaze is to use an fsl channels for that. the mblaze can then replace it's c functions with hardware acceleration function using the fsl channels, and thus increase real time operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back