Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic to vhdl converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor_guy_mania

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
schematic to vhdl

does anybody know any tool that converts schematic to vhdl code.......

sometimes it easier to do a schematic entry rather than writing a code....

Thx in advance

vhdl schematic

i haven't used it before but i think schematic just suitable for very small designs, you should be familiar with writing code. because if you design is big, schematic is not a good way.
good luck

vhdl to schematic

It depends on CAD sofware. OrCAD, PADS a others may have VHDL generators. Instead you may use Qu@rtus or ISE schematic editor and redraw your design entirely. Presonally, I do'nt use schematic entry - direct writing VHDL code is better. Regards Pavel.

schematic from vhdl

If You're working with ISE, You may use "Design Utilities" menu (processes window), option "View HDL Functional Model". There You'll find VHDL model of Your schematic design, simply copy it from there and paste in new file with .vhd extension.

convert schematic to vhdl

Hi all,

How can we use VHDL coding in cadenece design entry CIS,or in orcad capture?

please explain clearly.

Thanks
BS
**broken link removed**

vhdl schematic editor

razor_guy_mania said:
does anybody know any tool that converts schematic to vhdl code.......

sometimes it easier to do a schematic entry rather than writing a code....

Thx in advance

Try ActiveVHDL.

convert schematic to fpga

balaseven said:
Hi all,

How can we use VHDL coding in cadenece design entry CIS,or in orcad capture?

please explain clearly.

Thanks
BS
**broken link removed**

I'm not using it, because i write code directly without schematic, but in OrCAD Capture you can create project for CPLD / FPGA design. Toolbar for Compile / Synthesis / P&R and simulation appears next to standard toolbars. Then you can draw schematics with sybols available in vendor library. Code is then generated from your schematics. You can write code directly too (menu File / New / VHDL file or Verilog file). Again - i have no practical experience with this type of CPLD / FPGA design. I only found it in OrCAD documentation and make some tests, but i know some people which are using this approach. IMHO drawing schematics of structure used in FPGA is redundant step and is more error-prone and time consuming than writing code directly.

Regards Pavel.

scematic of a converter

Is there any tool available that can take HDL as input and show its schematic

schemetic vhdl

HI,

It is possible in Quartus II to convert schematic to hdl and hdl to schematic.

It may hep you.

Thanks..

HAK..

vhdl schematic converter

C4Cheema said:
Is there any tool available that can take HDL as input and show its schematic

Most Synthesis/symulation tools can do that.

desing utilities menu .vhd

HI,

It is possible in qu(at)rtus II to convert schematic to hdl and hdl to schematic.

It may hep you.

Thanks..

HAK..

can you please provide flow
i e tool available in Quartus

Status
Not open for further replies.