Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup an Electrical & Electronics lab at home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electronics lab setup

How to setup a lab at
home to performe
Electrical and Electronics
experiments ?
What r the necessary
equipments should be
purchased or can be
made at home ?

set up electronics lab

for begening i would say a soldering iron, good power supply , multimeter is all that u need. As you grow more experienced the need for better tools will come up and u will know for urself what those are.
Hope it answers u.
I am telling from my own xperience

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
electronics lab setups

I'll suggest a few more tools:
1. An old used (therefore inexpensive) analog oscilloscope. Be sure it has triggered sweep.
2. A basic function generator that outputs sine and square waves.
3. A solderless breadboard for ICs and small components: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadboard

my_books

electronics lab howto

If you are rich ;)
you should buy a oscilloscope as well as a frequency generator and an insulator.

package for electrical/electronics lab setup

I should mention also, inexpensive parts as:
- Solderless Breadboard
- Cables and wires
- Connectors, alligator clips, battery sockets, hooks, banana plugs
- Tools: screwdrivers, philips allen and torx, cut pliers, scissor, solder suction tool, etc
- A resistor and capacitor box kit
- Components as: leds, displays, crystals, buttons, potentiometers, etc
- Semiconductors: transistors, diodes, ICs.
- A magnifier lens
- prototype boards PCB

my_books

electrical/electronics lab setup

Hi,

the equipments as of rkodaira and some knowledge of Electrical connections to make all work

electronics lab set up

Complementing:
Devices/instruments that can be built at home:
- Power supply (fixed or variable, single or double polarity), very simple and easy to do: a transformer, bridge rectifier, filter capacitor and ICs voltage regulators (78XX series and LM317/LM350)
- Signal generators: audio generator (search for Wien Bridge sine oscillator circuits), pulse generator (555 IC), function generator (search for XR2206 IC circuits)
- Frequency meter / counter: easy made with microcontroller (PIC, AVR, 8051) and a LCD display or leds displays
- Microcontrollers programmer boards (see topics at EDABOARD).
- Capacitance and inductance meters: using microcontrollers, see topics at EDABOARD

how to setup soldering lab

You need power supply, bread boards, wires and for advanced experiments an oscilloscope.

to setup electronics lab

Yes, it depends how deep your pockets are, or how high your credit card limit is.You can buy the PCB fabrication machine and can buy the state of the art electronic equipment.List will go on and on and on....
but essentially, you need
1)function generator
2)Digital OScillioscope
3)Bench Power SUpply
4)......

how to set up an electronics lab at home

A VSM like Proteus will reduce you costs a lot and increase your productivity.

how to set up electronics lab

Hi Friend,

Instead of buying hard tools. Try to by soft tools. There you can really see what is the input, output, and a to z by spending a small money itself. All you need is a faster RAM and a High capacity ROM (If you work 24*7).

All the stimulated files can be saved & tested whenever we need. Those files are even very weightless.

Hope you will understand.........................!

Regards,
Avinash.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.