Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does frequent use of mobile phone causes brain tumar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
brain cancer is not caused by mobile phones

Does frequent use of
mobile phone causes brain
tumar ?

brain tumar

no research has proved that it harms. u will get many e-mails saying its very harmful, but science has not proved it yet.

Naveed

are the mobile phones cause to gents

justfun said:
no
this is an unsubstantiated rumor
if we are using continuosly then there is some effect

brain tumar

Science does not prove it yet!!! Like smoking, not scientifically provet it causes all the deseases that it is responsible.

Mobile works on with 800 to 1900 Mhz frequencies. The electromagnetic energy at these frequencies causes heatin of water base tissues. Hence the cells are affected the same way a microwave oven heats whatever you put inside.
This does not mean that brain tumor is caused in a long run but it is possible to cause it or to help in developing it when there is predisposition.

So, be cautious in order to misnimise any risk for this.
Use the phone only when necessary.
Regards
P.

does talking on a cell phone cause cancer

justfun said:
no

I suggest you a simple experiment.
Take an egg and separe the albumin. Mix the albumin and create a shape of about 0.5mm thick on a glass windows.
Use 2-4W EIRP at 900MHz and touch with the antenna the albumin.
See how much time do you need untill it will be baked near the antenna (it becomes white from transparent ).

The same with all your soft tissues (including the one beliving everything is rumor).
Electromagnetic effect is cumulative and more dangerous for childrens. Do you know why ?

mobile long time heats the brain

yes it is dangerous but causing a tumor is not yet proved by experiments.

high risk caused by mobile phones

melc said:
justfun said:
no

I suggest you a simple experiment.
Take an egg and separe the albumin. Mix the albumin and create a shape of about 0.5mm thick on a glass windows.
Use 2-4W EIRP at 900MHz and touch with the antenna the albumin.
See how much time do you need untill it will be baked near the antenna (it becomes white from transparent ).

The same with all your soft tissues (including the one beliving everything is rumor).
Electromagnetic effect is cumulative and more dangerous for childrens. Do you know why ?

Yes, I agree. Please don not put it nearby your heart or head for a long time, especailly when you are sleeping!!

mobile phone causes

Hi All,

I would like to add that i was once browsing into metacafe, where i found how an egg was "cooked" literally when the guy used to cell phones with the egg in between. Then I thoght it was a camera trick...but now i realise it is possible.

Prolonged cell-phone users should use wired-headsets (not blue tooth again...!!). That will minimise the risk to some extent.

Also, though out of topic, some people (mostly gents, for obvious reasons) put cell phone in their shirt pocket in vibration mode. This does cause severe risks on heart, b'cos of the chances of resonance that the heart might just pick-up from those vibrations.

Sai

empirical evidence of mobiles and brain damage

THE PROLONGED use of CELL phones will REDUCE UR BRAIN CELLS RATHER than causing a BRAIN TUMER................IN ORDER TO PREVENT UR BRAIN CELLS from reducinG..................it is advisable THT u use earphones while TALKING ON THE CELL PHONE.................

didn't you see the famous mail that circulates about the use of cell phones, where an egg was cooked between two mobiles :D

i think it's the same one in the link given above...it heats up your head, that's the effect of the EM waves and that's what causes all the trouble !

if a cellphone can boil an egg..
.. what will happen to those living next to cellphone towers ...

youve never watched mythbusters on discovery channel ???

they proved mobile phones er 1000 of them in a pile with an egg in the center
didnt even warm the shell {average phone is 5w input to a shaddy dipole }
so 5kw erp + gain if any
if this doesnt cook an egg im not surprised
as the resonant frequency of the hydroxide molicule' covalent bonds is 2.349ghz and a phone operates at 800 -1000mhz

brain tumors are like any form of cancer
where the body looses count of the cells it has on the go

becouse cancer Tcells fail to chemicaly signal there existstance to the brain

the virus the cells have inhibbits the transmitter chemicals
and also the cell fails to die becouse it never recieves a message to die from the brain or its nearest node it was spawned from this is yet unclear to science how exactly stem cells nodes on the skin play a role in how a cell behaves when its time for it to die

so CELL PHONES HAVE VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH CANCER my pal

infact its more probable to get this in the paper

CELL PHONE SHRINK'S UNDISCOVERED BRAIN TUMOR'S AND SAVES LIFE's

still there is the fact that there is atleast 1000 upperclass too well payed members of goverments labs etc
who study such things rolling about laughting and counting the dosh the goverment payed them

its scientific well accepted fact that there is over 50 types of cancer that are directly caused and known to be caused by viruses including some STD's

so by a process of diductive reasoning its safer to assume that all cancers are caused by a virus entering or leaving groups of cells
than it is speculate on the rf cause

it is also a fact that 1-2hrs in the sun will expose you to a full lifetimes worth of RF at any frequency,... and as much as all the xrays taken that day world wide

hi,

as i can see every post refers to the same concept, which is matter overheating. I'll just give another point of view of this situation.

As you can see in wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer) cancer is caused by genetic abnormalities, which at the same time are caused by radiation, amongst others.

To what radiated waves in nature concerns, these can be classified in two types (there are many other ways of classification): ionizing emissions and non-ionizing emissions. Ionizing emissions are capable of modifying the atomic structure of the matter, thus the non-ionizing are not. These emissions are radiated at REALLY HIGH frequencies, as high as ultraviolet radiation (about 1000000 GHz) and above (ultraviolet, x-rays, gamma rays).

Frequency determines the level change in a signal, for what 1 Hz means 1 change (cycle) per second. When a chemical molecule suffers radiation, it changes its orientation according to the freq. When that freq is too high, the molecule change changes so fast it ends breaking its structure, and thus, modifying genetic structure (if its a genetic molecule).

The point of all this text is, that what is important to look after regarding to harmful radiation is the frequency of operation. As mobile phones work at 800 MHz - 2 GHz range, its far enough from those 1 million GHz. Of course overheating could be a problem, but remember that a microwave oven runs at about 500-800 W, and a mobile phone just 1 - 5 W ;)

Anyways, none of this is scientifically confirmed. I just wanted to give another point of view.

I am not worried at all by the use of mobile phones myself.

you forget to use the word CAN be caused by radiation

or can be caused by virus that gets excited by radiation

most cells are far to small to be anything more than moved around by rf

possibly rupture and this causes repair mechanisms to trigger

and yes your right genetic abnormalities are inherant in how strong a cell at repairing damage to its factory's

the FACT remains cancer is more often triggered by a virus
attacking the cell that isnt so strong or weekened by rf

so we are both right
however i dought phones will cause much more of an issue
than 10 seconds a day spent in the sun and never use a phone

...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back