Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Display hangs up whenever i use a mobile near my circuit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_sdpl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
display hang

I am facing problem of display getting in hangp up state whenever i use a mobile phone near my circuit.

Micro-controller used is M3823 renesas. In my initial observation i saw that the supply was dipping when the mbile was placed near the circuit.

What could bethe reason and how to solve the same.
plz reply at the earliest

Re: display hang

Hi!
GSM (cell phone) signal is very strong and can cause interference in your circuit if it is placed near the circuit. One solution is to use a couple of bypass capacitors(100nF). The capacitors should be on the supply line to the controller and should be as close as possible to the controller.
If it doesnot solve your poblem then shield your circuit i.e enclose your circuit in a metal box or metal cauge that is grounded. It is possible to do so even on your printed circuit by using a very thin sheet metal to shield the circuit.

I hope this solves your problem.
Regards.

will it affect the controller , what about the lcd ?

Hi!
Yes, as far as i know. I faced exactly the same problem in one of my designs.
Regards.

display hang

plac de coupling capacitor near the lcd vcc and ground pin

Status
Not open for further replies.