Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Export to Xilinx ISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to do some part of design and coding in Altium and then export and finish design in ISE? you know that ISE has more control on design!

Altium Designer actually requires the use of vendor tools. Xilinx ISE is integrated into the AD when you do your project. AD6.8 supports ISE version 9.2i. Look at this web page: **broken link removed**

Johnson

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@ltium Export to Xilinx ISE

I know that this two tools are integrated to build a FPGA project. I need to export the designs from AD to ISE, and add other component or use it as a part of other projects. For example I want to use AD's processor cores in my project.

I've never tried what you want to do, so I don't know whether or not it's possible. I'll see if I can find any information from others who do more FPGA work than I do.

Johnson

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
As best as I can find, you must run an FPGA project from AD6 at least as far as place and route. It must create a UCF file to pass to ISE as a back end process. You could then use that UCF file directly in an ISE project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back