Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer: How to fill in the schematics title block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altium sheet title

I have not found any way to fill in the schematics sheet title, page number etc. Document options, document parameters, sheet etc does nothing. This one drives me slightly mad so i'm hoping someone is awake to help me out ;)

Re: Altium Designer: How to fill in the schematics title blo

You enter the values for the special strings used in the title block from 'Document Options>Parameters>Value'. Just click in the "Value" box on the Parameters tab to type in the value.

The best way to number your schmatic sheets is from 'Tools>Number Schematic Sheets'. That menu item gives you complete control over the numbering of all sheets in your project instead of having to number them one-by-one.

In order to see all of the special strings on the screen display as they will appear in the printed output, you have to check the box "Convert Special Strings" found on Preferences page 'Schematic>Graphical Editing'.

Depending on what parameters you are using, you may need to "compile" the schematic before you will see the parameter value instead of just the special string.

Reactions: nkinar

nkinar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thanks House Cat. Unfortunately, nothing is displayed in the title block when entering text in the document options / parameter properties dialog. I notice that the 'visible' property of the "value" edit box has been cleared the next time i access the parameter properties.

I also tried to update the sheet numbers as you suggested but the result is the same (nothing appears in the title block). The date and file fields ARE however correct. Any idea what is going on here?

Send a copy of one of the sheets causing problems via PM to me. I'll take a look and see what's going on. It's difficult to guess what the problem might be just from "it doesn't work".

@ltium Designer: How to fill in the schematics title block?

PM sent. Thanks!

OK - now I see where the misunderstanding is happening. Blank fields are just that - blank. In order for the Document Options Parameters to fill in a field, there has to be one of the parameter strings present. If you go to Place>Text String, and then hit "tab" while the function is active, you can see some of the special text strings by hitting the blue arrow next to the "Text" box. You'll see things like "=DocumentName", and "=CompanyName". Those correspond to the entries in Document Options, and will automatically be replaced by whatever you enter for the value of the parameter. The equals sign in front of the special string tells you that the text is a parameter that will be replaced by the value assigned to it.

The alternative to making parameter entries is just to place free text in the boxes of the title block using Place>Text String. You would just enter whatever text you wanted in the "Text" box after you hit "tab".

@ltium Designer: How to fill in the schematics title block?

Thanks House Cat. My schematics and PCB are now pretty much done and it's time to send it out to the PCB house :)

Re: @ltium Designer: How to fill in the schematics title block?

Hello,

I am a little lost here, even after trying all the above suggestions, if I try to fill in the Title block using the Option Project >> Project Options>> Parameters Tab (ex. DocumentNumber), the Values are not Updated and are always default as in the :schdot file even after the project Compile.

Please Suggest.

Thanks

You have to place a string first:
Place>>Text>> =DocumentNumber
Then parameters from Parameters Tab (e.g. DocumentNumber 5) will be displayed.

-- tantudaisu --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back