Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find transfer function of DC motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

techyfubky

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transfer function of dc motor

hi
i am in need of finding the transfer function of a 12v dc motor with maximum of 500 rpm.
can any one suggest how can i do it.?
i am intending to set up a closed loop control to control the speed of the motor using PWM via PID controller.
i am in need of it to find the transfer function to find the PID values

some one help me ...!

transfer function dc motor

hi,

Go to this link: **broken link removed**

It has what you need. Also u can find to this link some examples in matlab in order
to calculate your PID controller.

Good Luck!

B.

small dc motor transfer function

happy that i got this link.
from the link i guess the whole thing is for a bigger size motor.I want to know the procedure to do the same for a small size 12V dc motor.The experimental procedure involved is wat i am looking for.

transferfunction of dc generator

it is dead simple,,All what you want to do is to supply frequency ( square wave pulse which represent step input) to the motor using frequency generator, then you can use osciloscope to plot the out put of the motor.

by uisn simple freauency response methods you can find out the transfer function of the motor.

let me know if u need more information about that

regards

dc motor transfer function experimental

hi,

use frequeny genrator to supply squrare waves to the motor , after that use oscilliscope to plot the response of the output.

it can be clearly seen if the the motor is first,second or higher order.

if it is a first order system. used the 0.36V point to find out time constant T, and divde the output of the system by the input to work out the DC GAIN. K.

dont forget thtat the standard form of the first order system transfer function is

DC GAING(K)/1+Time contstant(T)

if the system is not first order system , then let you need to used another method to work out the damping ration,angular frequency.and the gain.

u need to do some reasearch about that. let me knwo if u r stuck with it though.

hope that helps

Kind regards

Mohamed

Reactions: tantin

tantin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.