Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Moving Message Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
90s2313 elektor led 2003

Can someone halp me with my factory made Led message display..?
It stop to work...
I have remote control for it...And COM connector on it...
Do not have any software...I made programming only by remote control...
I do not know who made it... :(
It is 198cm height..Single line...Red color only...
I open it..And made some research... :)
I think my control panel is dead..I mean eeprom has been erased..Why...I do not know...
Now...Can somebody tell me how to reprogram it..???
On main panel for contrlor is written; "STARREACH MX37CPU P-0047041"...
This is all info which I can get from it... :(
CPU is Z80 18008PSC..Something like for old Commodore... :)
If someone need any more info...Let ask...And I will see if I can get more about it....
10x in advanced...

90s2313 elektor led

Hai, can somebody help me, i need software for LED Moving Message Display for 68K Microprocessor using EasY68K Program, thanks You

moving message sign interface

[

hi i need some programm about dot matrix message display using assembly language for project and design.pls.help me :(

attiny2313 based moving display

marn said:
[

hi i need some programm about dot matrix message display using assembly language for project and design.pls.help me :(

https://noisybox.net/electronics/LED_sign/#desc

The sourse for the above will be available on request from the Author.

What about the large animated displays using for advertisement ? They use bicolur or three colour LEDs I think. How the patters are created? Is there any special softwares or methods other than Manual coding.Is it PC controlled or running from a uC?

Picstudent

how to program moving message sign

ME said:
This link may be very useful:
h**p://home.wanadoo.nl/electro1/avr/dotmatrix.htm
It uses an Atmel AVR AT90S2313 for controlling eight 5x7 LED dotmatrix displays.
rescroll.gif

test_scroller.gif

hi, can you give me the complete list of all the parts used in this running message display... please really need it badly... thanks in advance.. :?: :?:

keyboare for programming of moving mesasage

Hi,Rojo,there are somethings I still don't understand!!!
1) row=0x02,what is it stand for?
2) porta=row,what is it stand for?
3) can you post the schematics diagram?
Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

use pic with lc7932

it already posted, like i told u in the private mssg ,u can find schematic
in the zip file here ,
i.e. the previous page of this thread :)))

programming a moving message

Hi all,
I am currently carrying on a project on bicolor bilingual moving LED display using 89c51.Can you send me the software program in C or VB 6 language for interfacing the display to computer using MAX232 ?

a moving message display silicon chip

heres the zip file of my led moving message display
for those who need it

pic programmer zener 3v3

I have done a big one. Show it here

Contact me if u need detail help.

font 7x8 led

GOOD DAY,

Anybody experienced in making 5X7 (10 Characters) MOVING DISPLAY using PICBASIC PROTON+, PIC16F877 and PC to Download a characters via serial port? Please share....

More Power

at90s8535 use led moving display diagram

Good Day.
Can anybody developed VB for 5X7 (10 pcs) using PIC16F877? The VB sample below (link) is 6X6 if anyone developed it please share. I'm dummy about VB...Thanks

moving message display+program

I am looking for a full project for moving massege display depending on pic 16f84 microcontroller and serial eeprom and pc interface.

Thanks to you.

block diagram of a moving message display

I want a movng dispay for a large graphics display using psoc controller.

pic16f628-20i/p schematics

Hey guys. I just got a project that requires me create a LED digital display that has around 11 to 18 characters.........(ie: Dept. of Engineering using either upper case only or mixed upper + lower case characters)

The previous projects were like nuts compared to this as we never used an Eprom in our project before and we just started using C language.

I was trying to come with either a running display, or a simple series character by chracter display.

The 5 by 7 (**broken link removed**)
or 7 by 10 (**broken link removed**)
running display really seems very promising if it could be linked to form a long display circuit. I've seen a similar design, which runs on smaller LED's.

Can anyone give your point of view based on the idea/concept i am trying to use?
I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Added after 1 hours 13 minutes:

My appologies to everyone for being so ignorant.
I forgot all about the previous two existing pages, and after reading them I found msgs by Rojo, and yes......
Rojo! You have a wonderful project!

I was wondering, if you designed a circuit to allow your moving LED display to run on a microcontroller instead? Using simmbus mother board and an Eeprom ?

also, it would be possible to use multiple 7 by 10 displays instead rite?

I found this site :**broken link removed**

wireless moving matrix led display block diagram

I am working in a led moving sign with PIC16F84 and four (4) 74HC164 shift registers, now i can move a message, read from an EEPROM andscroll the message on a matrix of 7X23 leds and do somme special effects on the "screen". I need some help with programming the eeprom with PC, it is hard to program it byte by byte (eatch character take 5 bytes, i do'nt use decoder ). I made a simple program with turbo c under dos os but it only program the EEPROM with a file, i am not goog in high langage. Other problem is that I want to make a more large screen and the pic have only 64 byte in ram and can't goto more a 50's rows (more than 5 characres at time). if you have any idea or a soft to program messages in the eeprom.

Excuse my english

3,5 display pc diy

Hello To every one i reall all the posts i am very much interested to design the moving message display i buyed yesterd pic16f628,pic16f877a and atmel chips 2051 ,4051 i have atmel and chip p16pro programmer and i have 74hc164 and 74hc595 i don't no much about embeded by searching this i found so i want to design i make 1 5x7 dot matrix and some one sended me code in assembly i don't no assembly i am a visual basic programmer i know little bit c

and i tried to download its keep giving message i can't download i don't have points

pls can any bedy explain me how to do that with schematic and source if not atleast can u tell me how to do in microbasic or c in a simple

plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

waiting for reply

Added after 5 minutes:

beny said:
I am working in a led moving sign with PIC16F84 and four (4) 74HC164 shift registers, now i can move a message, read from an EEPROM andscroll the message on a matrix of 7X23 leds and do somme special effects on the "screen". I need some help with programming the eeprom with PC, it is hard to program it byte by byte (eatch character take 5 bytes, i do'nt use decoder ). I made a simple program with turbo c under dos os but it only program the EEPROM with a file, i am not goog in high langage. Other problem is that I want to make a more large screen and the pic have only 64 byte in ram and can't goto more a 50's rows (more than 5 characres at time). if you have any idea or a soft to program messages in the eeprom.

Excuse my english

Hello To every one i reall all the posts i am very much interested to design the moving message display i buyed yesterd pic16f628,pic16f877a and atmel chips 2051 ,4051 i have atmel and chip p16pro programmer and i have 74hc164 and 74hc595 i don't no much about embeded by searching this i found so i want to design i make 1 5x7 dot matrix and some one sended me code in assembly i don't no assembly i am a visual basic programmer i know little bit c

and i tried to download its keep giving message i can't download i don't have points

pls can any bedy explain me how to do that with schematic and source if not atleast can u tell me how to do in microbasic or c in a simple

plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

waiting for reply

Added after 3 hours 34 minutes:

Hello Every Bedy
i am very new to embeded i need some help since 4 days i am try to get help from this websties and forms not good luck
i try to get help from the forms but i not get any help as in ur website in Pic Microcontrollers in assembly there is 1 example with 7.7 Shift registers
the link is **broken link removed**

i build that same and in that it says 1st the 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 leds glow but mins is 8,7,4,2,1 its remains on its not flickering and i don't no assembly is this example is in microbasic it will help me alot to understand about Output ShiftRegister if i understand this i can design the moving message displays of 10 5x7 dot matrix and i want to know that in which its used weather its USART or SPI

i hope u will understand what i am looking for my intention to understand much and good about shift registers so chat i can buil the led moving message displays

plssssss i need help i am kindly requesting to this mikroelektronika team to consider this

thanking you

waiting for ur reply

moving message for tv software

Mitesh:

For some information on driving a dot matrix display using a PSoC, you could refer to my article from Circuit Cellar on driving the NKK smartswitch. The difference to a regular dot matrix is that it scans from top to bottom not left to right (or right to left). You can find the article here:
https://www.nkksmartswitch.com/Uploads/DrivingSSPart1and2.pdf

To all:

It seems to me that the topic of character generation has only been implicitly mentioned in these discussions. It is possible to create a character set, or even basic figures using Microsoft Excel, see my design idea in EDN based on one by Alberto Ricci Bitti:
**broken link removed**

Advertisement alert: There is a much improved version of this idea in my book
"Excel by Example : A Microsoft Excel Cookbook for Electronics Engineers" ISBN 0750677562, published by Elsevier/Newnes.

-Aubrey Kagan

software eurolite moving message

just want to correct you here:
my LED display is controlled by a microcontroller, PC keyboard and 16x2 lcd screen, controller has got 512 bytes of eeprom which can be used to store
messages, my prototype is just a first version , havent had time to implement
that yet , soon :)
my hardware is very simple when u look at what functionality u get with the display
- eeprom storage
- no need for downloading messages from pc like with most of the similar
displays , type them in directly on the connected keyboard,
- u see what u type on the lcd

and like i said before theres lots of room for improvement and most of it can be done just in software
ultimately i want to use more powerfull controller with more ram so i can
use a real time operating system on it to simplify the controlling software,
and also implement the wireless connection betweeen the keyboard and
the display, i would need two controllers in that case actually, one one the led
display module , and the other one on the pc keyboard module, could probably
do it without real time OS, but its too much hassle, i prefer real time OS, results
in cleaner more understandable controller code.
as for the 7x10 matrix, that can be done easily like we discussed it thru private mssg, u would just need to do few minor changes in the hardware and software

shigure said:
Hey guys. I just got a project that requires me create a LED digital display that has around 11 to 18 characters.........(ie: Dept. of Engineering using either upper case only or mixed upper + lower case characters)

The previous projects were like nuts compared to this as we never used an Eprom in our project before and we just started using C language.

I was trying to come with either a running display, or a simple series character by chracter display.

The 5 by 7 (h**p://home.wanadoo.nl/electro1/avr/dotmatrix.htm)
or 7 by 10 (h**p://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/ledsign/ledsign.html)
running display really seems very promising if it could be linked to form a long display circuit. I've seen a similar design, which runs on smaller LED's.

Can anyone give your point of view based on the idea/concept i am trying to use?
I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Added after 1 hours 13 minutes:

My appologies to everyone for being so ignorant.
I forgot all about the previous two existing pages, and after reading them I found msgs by Rojo, and yes......
Rojo! You have a wonderful project!

I was wondering, if you designed a circuit to allow your moving LED display to run on a microcontroller instead? Using simmbus mother board and an Eeprom ?

also, it would be possible to use multiple 7 by 10 displays instead rite?

I found this site :h**p://skywebs.com/~glenn/wmess.htm

related:eprints.ums.ac.id/969/

Hello guys, Im new here at EDABOARD..This is my first post..Im having a difficult time in programming PIC..Im planning to create a MOVING MESSAGE DISPLAY using PIC and I will be using MAX6952 or MAX6953..Please help me or give me any concept about this.thanks ang more power to you friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back