Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Refrigerator problem with the condenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

aibelectronics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a little problem with my fridge. The Condenser on occasion suddenly starts vibrating, so hard it slightly shakes the fridge's body. The vibration subsequently subsides and fridge continues it's more familiar humming sound. This has never happened before.

A friend tells me it's LOW VOLTAGE, but the house's voltage level is OK. The cooling is OK as well. What could be wrong? I use a stabilizer with it.

refrigeratorproblem

Have a look at the compressor rubber mountings that can cause the vibration when the compressor start and the HP pressure is still low, or one of the spring mountings inside the hermetueqe sealed casing is broken then you will have to replace the compressor
It can also be the compressor that have a start problem, a damage starter relay can cause the problem or a warned out compressor

Added after 9 minutes:

I see that you are using a stabilizer if the stabilizer is to small there will be a start problem the compressor starting amps can be up to 10 amps

Re: Refrigerator Problem

Start the refrigerator when the other instruments are off , and the voltage stabilizer is out of service ; in this way you can find out if the voltage is low for it or not.
If it works normally , you could use the stabilizer in service now, and find if there is any problem with it. If so, please measure the current needed by refrigerator and the current supported by the stabilizer.
Good Luck.

Re: Refrigerator Problem

its the problem of ruber packing

i think rubber packing is worn
chack that

if not then some screws are loose
also check the level of ground for positionof fridge

Refrigerator Problem

Thanks to all you guys. I'll check up the suggestions. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.