Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help, problem with orcad capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorensen

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad cannot initialize profile

I get an error stating "cannot initialize profile" whenever I try creating a new simulation profile in a new project or running an already created simulation profile in an old project. Does anyone have an idea of the cause? I'm sure is a config problem :oops:
I reinstalled without success. If It is installed in other pc it works correctly

I run Windows 2000.

cannot initialize profile orcad

i get this problem from time to time. mostly when i copy and paste a design into a blank schematic. what i find works, every time, is to copy the design i want. then close everthing down. open it all back up and then start a new project. then paste in project.

Mr.Cool

pspice cannot initialize profile

Thank you Mr.Cool
The problem continues. Even my early projects does not run. :not:

Sorensen

capture cannot initialize profile

ok, i think i have it figured out.. well the solution atleast.

open a PSpice sample file that comes with the installation. i opened lowpass.opj this file is located in:

C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_10.0\tools\pspice\capture_samples\advanls\lowpass

then i opened the schematic and hit RUN button. it worked! then i hit "create new simulation profile" and it worked.

then i opened the pspice schematic that was giving errors before. i hit "create new profile" and poof.. it works.

:)

Mr.Cool

cannot initialize profile

THx Mr.Cool,,
The program shows the message "cannot initialize profile, can not load profile"

orcad : cannot initialise profile

Choose inherit from and take a existing profile and modify it

inherit from an existing profile

After an autoupdate of windows 2K, the program started to work properly. Now there are not problems. During the problem the autoupdate option was disabled.

pspice inherit from an existing profile

Mr Cool,

After all these years, you're still the man. Your instructions worked perfectly. You are a damn genius.

Booyah,

-Jayce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back