Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Traffic light using ONLY IC 555? is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elits

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
555 traffic light

Hi...
I've got question.. is it possible for us to use only 555 to control 3 LED (Red, gree, yellow). Every LED turn on 1 second, then off.
The order is

RED= On (1second), Green & Yellow = Off
Green=On(1second),RED & Yellow = Off
Yellow=on(1 second), RED & Green= Off

Is it possible if there no other active component beside 555. passive component allowed.

Thanks

traffic light using 555

Nice question and Good test. I personally don't think it is possible since the 555 normally is used to create PWM or timing delay, 2 stage might be doable, 3 stage, that is out of my mind.

Anyway, on the other side, anything is possible, maybe you already got the answer.:D

ic 555 one second delay

I think it is impossible too. If there is no active component beside 555. as i know, output 555 only two state : high and low. :(

trafic light circuit using ic 555

U might need couple of 555 snchronise them ..if dont want to use any other component.... or else you will need additional component to complete the circuit

three stage traffic light driver circuit

I think it can be done with one 555, small 5V latching relay with 1 set of change over contacts and a split power supply rail (0, 7,5V, 15V)

Otherwise 2 single contact normal relays can also work.

Here is a simulation done and works in multisim where V3 provides a 0.5Hz square wave.

stop light with 555

use multiple 555 ics
and also u can use some gated circuit with registered inputs/outputs

light using ic

probably use a PIC12F50x is cheaper and lot easier.

www.traffic light using ic

Hi,

Do you considerate Flip-Flop integrate circuit as active component, doesn't you?

Also, you can do FF with transistors, but, transistors are active too.

But, using some kind of FF with a resistor and a capacitor, you can do it.

Regards.

on and off relay using ic555

Can we use diodes.....
i have doubt whether to consider it as active or passive

lighting using integrated circuit

Here is what I refer.

58_1197821125.gif

This is a Flip-Flop with only discrete components.

Regards.

555 timer stop light

The original poster may have meant using only one 555 timer. This may be a homework problem because the same question appeared on other electronic forums. There it was made clear that it is only one 555.

The question if a diode is active is passive? In some circles active components are considered to be components with directivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back