Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS v10 Mesh3D Error message during analyzing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanjoSF

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

When I'm trying to simulate a simple structure with HFSS v10, I get this error:

"Initial mesh, process mesh3D:Error while opening or writing the mesh files"
"Simulation completed with execution error on server:Local machine"

I think the design is correct and maybe it can be a problem with the temporary directory or something like that. Should I install in a folder without spaces?

If anyone know how to solve this problem, I would be happy to solve the problem.

Thanks

Hi JuanjoSF

I think your structure is so big respect to Solution frequency( your radation box may be big) that it need so meshing data

it's better you simulate it with a litter radiation box

I hope it'll be helpful

Hi ali110,

I'm simulating a simple FSS. The solution frequency is 20THz. The dimensions of the structure are 8x11microns (x,y), and 40microns (z), including dielectric, airbox and PML, so that, I think this is correct.

Can I install the program in a directory with spaces in the names? could that be the problem? I say so coz with the version 9.2 I had some problems related to the install file.

Thank you anyway

please post your hfss file. It may help others to find your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.