Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LASERS from printer, any info on circuits from laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

prelude_g

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi it's me again, the one who recycles old electronics. I got a laser printer from wich I ripped the laser off. The laser modul has op amp and high wattage resistor on the board. Also, my laser, wich I suppose is a diode, has some sort of circular metal casing screw around. The question is anybody knows a way of figurin out maybe just the pinout of the board or any site on using lasers from laser printer? Any info on circuits from laser printer would be appreciated. I wish to use this laser maybe for holography one day but still it would be cool juste to make the laser work without damaging it. I got it from a HP 4 laser printer...

thanx

Re: LASERS from a printer

i have played with a laser from a laser printer (brother somethingorother). It was on a board with some other parts like an op amp and a photodiode for feedback(laser output is very sensitive to voltage, temperature etc). I found that lasers are very static and overvoltage senstive...
have a look around www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm

Re: LASERS from a printer - colour and power

What is the wavelength/colour of these lasers and what is the power level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back