Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Spartan2 BlockRAM initialisation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADDevil

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data2bram

Hello,

I have one problem.
I am trying to simulate and synthetise the PIC16F84 into Spartan2 FPGA. The implementation of the PIC (I got it from Opencores) use BlockRAM as a program memory.

I would like to know, how I can convert the PIC program (written in MPLAB) from HEX format into Verilog source which I can use for BlockRAM initialisation during emulation and during synthesis and bitstream generation.

I tried to search the Xilinx Web site, but I did not find any solution.

Thx for any help

CADDevil

data2mem:29

Thx,

maybe my question was a bit unclear.
I know, how to do it manually. But I am trying to find some way how to do it automatically.

I know that there is Xilinx utility DATA2BRAM, but I am not able to make it work.
Because DATA2BRAM accept either .elf or .mem files as an input, I wrote a simple utility, which convert PIC binary image to .MEM file, I wrote the BlockRAM definition file .BMM which is syntactically correct, but when I am trying to use DATA2BRAM, I am getting error:

C:\bin2map>data2mem -bm test.bmm -bd test.mem -o v test.v -u -p xc2s200 -log test.log

ERROR:Data2MEM:29 - Inconsistent address space size in ADDRESS_BLOCK 'test_rom'.

ADDRESS_BLOCK was defined as 0x000000400 bytes, but the devices total 0x000000000 bytes.

Do you have any idea what can be wrong ?

Thx CADDevil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back