Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference between Buffer and clock Buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chethan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can someone tell me the difference between a Normal Buffer and a clock Buffer. Also I would like to know the difference between Normal Inverter and a clock Inverter. Any materials regarding the same would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
Chethan

Hai dude,
Regarding this there are lot of answer in this forum

just search in search options u gat lot good answers

Enjoy

clock drivers have better slew, drive capability, and higher power consumption. A clock buffer will usually have better balance with rise and fall time.

Best to check your datasheet.

Clock inverter is also there???????????

Yes, because the clock buffer is actually two inverters in series, using the clock inverter can result in less number of transistors = better delay also less power consumption.
E.g. 6 clock buffers are substituted with 4 clock buffers and 2 clock inverters effectively you are using 10 npn transistors in the 2nd case as opposed to 12 npn transistors in the first case (same holds true for pnp).

Hi rajesh can u plz explain that example i did not understand............U mean to say 6 clock buffers is equal to 12 clock inverters right?
then wts this statement??

4 clock buffers and 2 clock inverters effectively you are using 10 npn transistors in the 2nd case as opposed to 12 npn transistors in the first case (same holds true for pnp).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back