Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

subwoofer excursion control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

djronbxs

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
subwoofer filter circuit

Hi,

I have a subwoofer enclosure and I need to add some sort of filter for not to let pass audio signals from 25hz to 0hz since from 25hz to below the subwoofer exceeds the xmas.

Can you give me some suggestions like variable sybsonic filter circuits or excursion control circuits ?

thanks
ron

subwoofer circuit

djronbxs said:
Hi,

I have a subwoofer enclosure and I need to add some sort of filter for not to let pass audio signals from 25hz to 0hz since from 25hz to below the subwoofer exceeds the xmas.

Can you give me some suggestions like variable sybsonic filter circuits or excursion control circuits ?

thanks
ron

you could use this low pass filter circuit
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/008/index.html

subwoofer filter

You need a high pass filter not a low pass one.
You may use this one : **broken link removed**
The -3db point can be changed by changing capacitor values.

low pass filter for subwoofer circuit

sorry my mistake just got a littel confused! A low pass filter will filter out the low frequencies which is ideal for tweeters and not sub-woofers.

subwoofer filter circuits

Seems you got it wrong yet again.A low pass filter will allow low frequencies,hence it's used for woofers or subs,but not for tweeters.
The thread starter needed a subsonic filter which filters out ultra low frequencies(ie. say 25hz and below) and passes frequencies above 25hz,hence a high pass is needed.
Hope it's clear.

subwoofer controler circuit

I read somewhere that exist some circuits that prevent the subwoofer from reaching the excursion limit electronically !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back