Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question on OPAMP 741 comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapak

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opamp as comparator with waveform

I'm using an OPAMP 741 as a comparator whose output is directly fed to a sqaure-wave inverter's transistor switches. As the magnitude of positive saturation voltage of 741 is not equal to that of the negative saturation voltage , there appears to be some unsymmetry in the output of the inverter voltage waveform.
So, is there a way to make these two saturation voltages equal in magnitude ? Hopefully, this will produce a more symmetrical waveform .
So, please help!!!

741 as a comparator

Could u plz elaborate?
The thing is i'm trying to raise the input voltages to +5V and -5V while my current voltage inputs are +4.15V and -3.15V for opamp 741 using +5V & -5V power supply.

op amp as a comparator

hi
usually the output voltage in saturation is vcc-1V
so if you want to get a 5V output you should use a 6V power supply

to make sure you jave the right voltage (5V), you can connect the output of your comparator to two 5V zener diodes to form a clipper on one condition use a 6V power supply

this should do it
and one more thing, don't forget to put a 1K ohm resistor at the base of your transistors

feel free to send me an email if you still have any questions

clipper+op-amp

This is not at all a problem, first of all.:D

The best answer is to use clippers at the O/P.:idea:

For eg. use Zener diodes in parallel for both the polarities.:idea:

op amp 741 saturation

what is the output swing you are expecting... because if you are want equal swing with output level being less than |3.15| then using clipper would solve your problem...

clipper is nothing but a zener at the output....

Status
Not open for further replies.