Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micrroprocessor based DC motor speed controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasturi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi im doin my final yr project on micrroprocessor based DC motor speed controller. im doin the programming for PIC16F877. i tried a lots coding on my own but it doesnt work wen i simulate it in MP LAB..

Can any1 plz kindly reply any coding to me to control PWM n to control the speed n stop the motor...thanz a lot

First of all, look at application notes on microchip page. Then look at my post, how I solved problem with smaller PIC (12F683) on this post

If you have problems with the programming tell us what the problem is and I am shure that somebody will help. :wink:

hi bungee...i tried to study those pages in microchip but cudnt get the correct coding...i did my own coding but dat doesnt work..im running out of time...so i cant effort to waste much time studyng the pages...dats y i seek 4 hep here..i need help in coding maybe sample of my coding..at least how to begin correctly in my progarm codes.can u help me? neway thanx for ur reply...

Why would you do your final year project about something you don't understand. Isn't it supposed to demonstrate your knowledge?

Here are two parts of code, that do the trick .... and don't forget to setup TIMER2 :wink:

Setup for CCP1 for PWM
Code:
  BCF    STATUS.RP0
  BCF    @TRIS_C.2
  MOVF   @TRIS_C,W
  BSF    STATUS.RP0
  MOVWF  TRISC
  BCF    STATUS.RP0
  BCF    PORTC.2
  MOVLW  0C
  MOVWF  CCP1CON

Set duty 512 for CCP1