Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with 2x16 LCD connection with PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

syahrul.s

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi..can somebody help me with this 2x16 lcd?
i bought it from bizchip.com. already read the datasheet,but still can't get it works.I try to connect the lcd with PIC16f877A (port b).At least there should be a sign that the LCD is working rite?Instead, once all the circuitry is powered up,the lcd still does not ON. Anybody??

thanks

Re: 2x16 lcd connection

No, the LCD needs to be initialized by the micro, through some commands.
Are you running anything on the PIC? Perhaps the code is not right, or the timing, or... there are a few things that can go wrong.

2x16 lcd connection

how are you my dear
you shoul take care of the control lines of the LCD where you should determine you want to write data or command
if command u sholud make" EN from HIgh to low puls and RS to be =0"and send the command after that make EN =1
if data u sholud make" EN from HIgh to low puls and RS to be =1"and send the command after that make EN =1

Re: 2x16 lcd connection

The following code is using PIC C Compiler to display the word Testing.

#include <16f877A.h>
#device ICD=TRUE
#fuses HS,NOLVP,NOWDT
#use delay (clock=20000000)
#include <lcd.c>
#define ALL_OUT 0
#use fast_io(B)
void main () {
lcd_init();
set_tris_b(ALL_OUT);
while (TRUE) {
printf(lcd_putc,"\fTesting...");