Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driven modal and driven terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxhuang

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm new user of HFSS in antenna design. What's the difference between driven modal and driven terminal in design? Thanks

fxhuang said:
Hi, I'm new user of HFSS in antenna design. What's the difference between driven modal and driven terminal in design? Thanks

Read help:
Driven Modal Solution
Choose the Driven Modal solution type when you want HFSS to calculate the modal-based S-parameters of passive, high-frequency structures such as microstrips, waveguides, and transmission lines. The S-matrix solutions will be expressed in terms of the incident and reflected powers of waveguide modes.

Driven Terminal Solution

Choose the Driven Terminal solution type when you want HFSS to calculate the terminal-based S-parameters of multi-conductor transmission line ports. The S-matrix solutions will be expressed in terms of terminal voltages and currents.

Hi,

You can use both all the time. Driven Terminal is easier to set up for all conditions, so unless you really want modal s-parameter data, I suggest you use driven terminal. Driven Modal for waveguides may give better results for some cases.

Joline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back