Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gerber file with LGX extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
lgx file

Colleagues,

I have Gerber files with LGX extension. I didn't generate them, but I've received them from a colleague. Which software can open them? I have OrCAD 9.2 - will it open these files?

- Kender

software to open gerber files

To look at gerbers I use GC-Prevue from GraphiCode, the ext. is not important for that

lgx files

It sounds like they are "extended gerber" by the GX so I would assume that the L is from the program that made them.

Either way, as stated above, try gc-prevue free from graphicode.com to view them.

lgx 2001

Thanks for suggesting GC-Prevue - it was able to open the files. During the import process GC-Prevue identified LGX files as RS-274-X gerbers. I think, the original LGX files were created by PCAD.

- Kender

file.lgx

The LGX extension was used by PCAD for a while. It stood for laser-Gerber-RS274X.

As I recall, Orcad comes with Gerbtool Gerber Editor. You can use that to open the Gerber files.

If you have trouble with Gerbtool, you can also use my favorite which is free to download. Pentalogix Viewmate has a much cleaner and easier interface than GC-Preview or Gerbtool - it also does a better job of reading some of the more obscure G-Codes that can sometimes be found in Gerber files. You can download it free at: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back