Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How will HFSS use a dual-core CPU to run simulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
predefined task in hfss

I don't have the option for multicore usage. So I agree with rfmw that you need a special license. Or it is because my PC has a single core CPU. (the remote machine is dual core.)

hfss processor number

i am confused. some say you should have a special license to exploit all cores in a pc, with HFSS programm, some say you should go to tools/options/hfss_options and just put the number of cores there. Does anyone know what is really the correct of the two?
I have an intel pentium core 2 quad pc and i tried with the second way to take advantadge of all 4 cores. The result on the real time of HFSS wasn't much different and in the task manager the cpu usage percentage didn't change. Do all these mean that i haven't activate all cores for HFSS simulations?

Thank you

Re: how to activate all 4 cores of a quad core cpu

I have a Dual 6 core xeon processor.... does that work the same way?

in the same computer with dual core Technology you must say to hfss that you have more than one processor so you must go on the hfss like these

tools/options/hfss_options

then clik on SOLVER and on number of processors put the number of CORES that you have

ex: if you have one processor with 2 cores put 2
if you have one processor with 4 cores ( quad core ) put 4
if you have TWO processors with dual core Technology than put 4.

it works and speeds up the simulation.

the lisence is needed when you have more than one MACHINE runing it.

now my time ...
do you know how to simulate the axial ratio for a circular polarized antena on hfss??
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back