Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the body effect for a single PMOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude040

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the body effect for a single PMOS ???
and why?

Re: body effect

Dear Dude,

Body Effect

Normally the source and substrate must be at same potential. If it is P substrate then it must be connected to negative terminal if N substrates it must be connected to Positive terminal because the PN junction between the diffusion and substrate must be reverse biased. Then only it is possible to control the flow of current and Vt can be maintained. If not substrate reverse bias then PN is forward biased and Vt changes. This is termed as body effect.

Phutanesv

body effect

ok phutane that is fine but what i am asking is wt is the effect for a Pmos in body effect?
explain me clearly dear.....
I know that when the nmos are connected in series then bcz of body wt happens is there is a less threshold for the bottom transistor bcz the source of nmos is connected to substrate so that input will reach faster than the other two transistor... so the threshold will be added to the other transistor that means it takes vt1+vt2 time to make the above transistor on.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back