Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the pipelining technique used in processor design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_s_s

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
I want to know what is pipelining technique used in processor design? can i have some good material on that

Thanks and regards
Deeapk

pipelining!

pipelining is efficient use of all resources at the same time. In 5 stage pipelining, all hardware resources will be processing data n saving in intermediate registers. hence speed of execution ie through put increases.

pipelining!

hi shiv!
can i get some books or pdfs or any material for better understanding

Re: pipelining!

Google books has Computer Architecture: A Quantitative approach by Hennessey and Patterson. It has a chapter which tells you all about pipelining.

In digital circuit, its used to speed up the circuit. When you use pipelining the clock frequency is determined by the stage that has the maximum delay. Thats just the basic of pipelining and it has lot many more issues surrounding it.

-Aravind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back