Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I do a current source controlled by voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomba

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to do a current source controlled by voltage, with an excursion in Amp (peak to peak) 20nA. I need to have the load grounding. Using OP-AMPS.
Precision current source.

Any suggestions are welcome

refer to "OpAmp cook book" and u will find at least 3 ckts for VCCS.
BTW I think the current range u need is so small thus requires precision/low noise opamps like OP-07 and even with them u need to use dynamic offset cansellation of the opamp( only for feedback path) or something like that to measure very low voltages.

also at this range of current u need shield for the ckt to remove EMI.

BEST!

thanks!!!

where can i find this ebook?
Or link to this ebook.

very nice IC thanks.
Have anybody an ckt schematic?

Hi,

You can use a current source like these used in HiOhm multimeter circuit. I have designed some years ago this kind of high precision low current source. You need two precision OPamp and N and P jfet.
The file I wrote (in french, sorry) will give you all the informations. Use PTFE stand-off for output connexion.

Regards

Michel

I tried a OPAMP ckt with the RL (impedance) in the feedback loop, a ckt with positive an negative feedback (OP Amps cookbook, bidirectional current source), but I had problems because the impedance value are between 1 to 6 MOhms, and this configurations can't regulate the current at this RL values.

I found this link today in the morning, related to the topic.
https://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0209/0209038.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back