Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import Maury *.spl (sweep plan files) files in ADS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHolland

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sweep plan ads

Who knows how to import Maury *.spl (sweep plan) files in ADS ? I have *.spl files and do not know how to import them. They are used for LoadPull and impedance matching. Thanks.

Re: How to import Maury *.spl (sweep plan files) files in AD

you probably need to use DAC in ADS.
can you upload one file of *.spl?

Please have a look at the sweep plan file. I had to rename the *.spl to *.doc otherwise I could not upload the file.

you can use DAC to read the file.
and user sweep plan to sweep between the loads.

what you want to do wuth the data in ADS? to build a circuit or to see it on graph?

Hi, I am kind of new to ADS so can you help me and make a project file. What is DAC ?. I want to see and use the data to design matching networks.

DAC stand for : Data Access Component and it is use to read data from files or simulation results

you can see more information in the ADS help

Hi rancohen_2000, I have been looking in ADS help and tried to find a way to import the data but simply have no clue.... I know what I want but how ????..

Paul
if I well remember there is an example in the examples directory that explain the use of DAC.
This instrument is OK for your needs, but is not so simple to use as it is a general instrument to import data into simulation environment.
I hope it can help.
Mazz

I already looked at examples but I do not see how to connect *.spl data to DAC and what to select...

Hi,

Well DAC it is not easy to use.
I think that easy way will be to use the load pull importer.
you can find it under DesignGuides-> Load pull importer.

This application support Maury file format but not sweep plan as you upload, Maybe you can change your file to this format ? it will save you lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back