Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Floating point coprocessor for a thesis topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakshigrover

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
will floating point coprocessor be right for my thesis topic? if u have some ideas please suggest

Re: thesis topic

Hi,
It depends on the functionality your going to implement.

thesis topic

plz give some more data...

Coprocessor design or developing some algorithm?

floating point processor have add,sub,mul,div features. i want to add square root, modulus and conversion to binary. will it be ok?

thesis topic

You can do some work on asyncronous design. It is good topic for thesis. There are very ew prople who do there thesis on asynchronous design.

thesis topic

Hi,
Good topic ram, but implementation will be difficult since there are not available synthesis tools for asynchronous design.

thesis topic

i think there are university level free tools with which you can do the synthesis.

I agree that commercial tools are not there.

Hi,

Yes it makes a good topic for the thesis. Also you can add the (estimated) leakage power of the processor (should not be more :) ).

If your university has a tie-up with an EDA company, you may get access to student licenses, else You will get some of them on the internet.

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back