Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHat is Flyback Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmahesh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
flyback transformer symbol

What is Fly back Transofrmer, I'm new to this.. explain me in detail with circuits, calculation and function of this flyback transformer or guide me the link which contain in detail :D:?:

In flyback converter samples of a signal mostly DC is sent to the transformer primary... i mean there would be a switch between the signal and the transformer and hence even DC can be sent using such a transformer...

A flyback transformer is a trasformer that operates as an inductor with two windings; therefore. It could also be denoted as a coupled inductor in which the current waveforms are known.
The first winding carries current while the switch conducts, and the second winding carries current while the diode conducts.

Although the device has two interacting windings and is depicted by the same symbol as a transformer, a more descriptive name of that magnetic component is a twowinding inductor. The major difference between a transformer and a flyback transformer is that the currents in a flyback transformer do not flow simultaneously in both windings as in a usual transformer. The purpose of the flyback transformer is to store energy during the conduction interval of the switch and to inject it to the output during the conduction interval of the diode.

I hope this helps.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back