Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

altera UP2 or Xilinx CoolRunner ll design kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeleC

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cool runner ll

hello i want to start to work on Fpga And Cpld , so i want to start from
somewhere
CAn anybody give an opinion on these 2 development boards
for price i know that the xilinx CPLD starter kit isd better but which is all around better
out of 10 what is the grade for each
thx alot

In university we learn VHDL using @lter@ software, the software is very good for begineers, but the development board is expensive.

I use X/i/l/i/n/x now, mainly due to the cost of FPGA/CPLD, resources available and because the company uses it. :wink: The tutorial are very good on x/i/l/i/n/x's site and the development board is only $50USD.

For learning purpose. I would say try the software from both vendors and see which one you would like to use for leaning FPGA/CPLD development. Once you know one it's not very hard to come up to speed with another. The basic foundation remains the same.

I would suggest x/i/l/i/n/x only because is readly accessible, but if you have access to @lter@'s tools and development board than go with @lter@...I think it's easier to learn using @lter@. Personal opinion. :)

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back