Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed on Arm Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am a beginner to the arm controllers.. I have surfed the arm web site ( www.arm.com ) plus the links posted on this site here pertaining to information on arm..

I am looking for a nice development kit which in-cooperates Arm 9 Family controllers..and also provide software suites such as ADS which looks like a nice one to use..
Since for our project for it need to implement some DSP stuff in it as well transfer information to PC using UART.

Also I would really appreciate if someone can provide some links for the development Boards in this category or a nice development kit in cooperating software as well..

Last but not least.. do any of u have some nice ebooks about arm controllers as well as information about using C and C++ to program ARM controllers...

Thanks a ton

I'm still doing some research as you I think.
I foud there are mainly two types of arm cpu:
with MMU, and without MMU. (memory management unit).
With a MMU cpu you are able tu set up OS such linux and winCE, and you get an envirorment very similar to the pc's one.

without MMU on cpu it is more similar to a microcontroller world. Sure you can put on it a lot of RTOS, and uCLinux too.

for development with the MMU ones for example you can get the embedded tools of mother (fk) microsoft in case of dev with winCE or the GNU toolchain in case of linux. (sharp has a PDA -zaurus- useing linux as OS and they give you the toolchain to develop on it)

for general development you can use @DS, IAR envirorment or the new metrowerks codewarrior too.

If your dsp is not too hard an high clock arm can be quite,

There are a lot of development system with and without mmu.
for mmu you can look at accelent (intel PXA) and cirruslogic (EP7312). there is still a cheaper borad useing ep7312 named "eagle" from another vendor.
For the mmu less I suggest Atmel and to take a look on links you can find at www.ucdot.com

bye!
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.