Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with buck converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1blop

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody, thanks for reading my post, I hope somebody can help me with this issue.
I'm making a basic 12V to 5V-0.5A-continuos mode-buck converter using SG3524 IC, P-Channel MOSFET, schottky diode, etc. When I test only the pwm and the mosfet it work fine, schitching at the right frequency, but when the rest of the ciruit is implemented and I try to measure the voltage in the diode I can't see the signal I'm expecting to see.
I don't know what's happening because at the output I'am having the right voltage (5V). It could be something related to the operation mode.
I'm forced to use a 20mH inductor.
Please help me
Buck.jpg

Check inductor. May be 20 uH ?

please post the waveforms you are obtaining so that we can figure out what is the problem....

my project is 48v to 12 v buck converter in continuous conduction mode using matlab simulink.but it is difficult to me to make a simulink model of PWM which hass as out put duty cycle 0.12.can some body help me plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.