Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guideline for troubleshoot xilinx ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinngu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I build my own fpga spartan 3 test board based on spartan 3E starter kit design.
When i power on my board, ISE impact can't detect my xilinx ic. How i can make sure my xilinx ic is in good condition.

1. Check VCC,
2. Check the ripples
3. Check if signal from programmer goes to FPGA
4. Make sure there are no bad soldering joins or bridges

Is there any error msg flashing on the screen whn trying to detect ur FPGA?
If so then whts that? also check also prgble cable which one u used.

My ISE cannot detect the IC but sometime can detect cant program.

First of all make sure you are using a new programming device coz Spartan 3E is not supported by Parallel cable 3 as I know.
I am assuming you are trying to program using JTAG. If so, then check your JTAG connections first (from your schematics and then continuity on board).
Check the power supply and after that check if there is any transaction on the TDI and TDO lines. If there is something on TDO line then it tells that FPGA is responding.

@ calvinngu

Hi i am new to fpgas .. i also want to build my own fpga board .. i ordered spartan 3 (xc3s50-tq144) & got that chip .. Please provide me schematics & if possible pcb board file .. my email id is joy_shukla@yahoo.in ..
Please reply me asap ..

Thank you

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back