Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

set_output_delay in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wenf.Yeh

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
set_output_delay

I'm get confused by the a command of DC-----set_output_delay
who can give me some suggestion about how to use it correctly and why ?

set_output_delay example

If a signal A_OUT is coming out of your block A, and is expected to go into another block B, and is expected to consume say tBns from the time it leaves block A and is consumed inside block B, by say some register, then your output delay value on the port A_OUT in the block A should be tBns.
Here I am assuming that block A and B are running off same clock.
Hope it helps,
kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

Wenf.Yeh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
set_output_delay + design compiler

thx Avi!
I know the delay where it come from.
uponds on ur example, I still have a question that why the inner delay on block B calculated into the output_delay on A_OUT of block A?

set_output_delay -min

Say logic inside the block B before being captured say require tb ns. Then your output delay for block A should be T-tb ns ,where T is clcok period. They synthesis tool try to optimize logic in block A to meeting your output timing delay requirement(T-Tb). Otherwisw the block B capture FF could not catch the data sent by blcok A. I hope you got it

dc set_output_delay

pls see attached gif file.Hope this illustration will help .

set_output_delay synopsys dc

Generally, the timing budget for output_delay is 60 % of clock cycle.

David

set_output_delay what is output delay

thx David!
I got it!

Arthur

output delay + synthesis dc

all the timings are calculated reg-reg. in a partitioned design, you may not have all the signals leaving from q-pin. same is the case with the flop in the next partition. to account for total delay between these to flops you need set_input_delay and set_output_delay

set_output_delay -reference_pin

I cannot download

dc set_output_delay

I know the delay where it come from.
uponds on ur example, I still have a question that why the inner delay on block B calculated into the output_delay on A_OUT of block A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back