Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

phase difference between real and imaginary part

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizoo

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

When i modulate my signal, i mutiply my real signal with cos and imaginary part of signal with sine wave, for demodulation i do the same,

now after demodulation what i observe is taht real and imaginay signals still has a phase diff of 90 degrees, is it ok/

i think that 90 degree phase shift came when i multipled real pasrt of signal with cos and imag part with sin, (as phase diff between cos and sin is 90 degrees)

and now after demodulation, this phase difference should be finished/ am i right or ............?

br

No -- after demodulation there is no phase difference -- you have two streams of real data.

Hi
What is your type of modulation? Digital or analog? For example in analog, you can do SSB modulation with SIN and COS and in digital modulation you can send 2 bits with SIN and COS.
Design of demodulator depends on your type of modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back