Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 Input to RS232 Output with data manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1st

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am looking at a project in which a microcontroller (Pic), receives data from a device via RS232, a check is then done by the microcontroller to see if the data value recieved is higher than a stored variable (i.e. initially set to 0, but as data is recieved is replaced by the highest value), if it is higher it is passed out via the RS232 output.

I am very very new to microcontrollers and PCB's, can someone please advise me of the best way to go about this?? Including and Pic programming code that you could help with?

which controller u r using just be specific about the controller u r using then only i can help u in this regard

gray1st said:
Hi

I am looking at a project in which a microcontroller (Pic), receives data from a device via RS232, a check is then done by the microcontroller to see if the data value recieved is higher than a stored variable (i.e. initially set to 0, but as data is recieved is replaced by the highest value), if it is higher it is passed out via the RS232 output.

I am very very new to microcontrollers and PCB's, can someone please advise me of the best way to go about this?? Including and Pic programming code that you could help with?

Dear dude,

U need to make use of EEPROM which is avalaible in PIC and then write a program for comapring this and store the data.

Once the highest value u get u need to sent the data thro USART to RS232

Phutane

Status
Not open for further replies.