Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make SPI programmer for AT89Sxx using VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbaocr

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Hochiminh City university of technology (VietNam)
Activity points
spi programmer

hello, everyone
can you show me what principle of SPI of that uC is. And how to make SPI programmer to load my program into uC through LPT port like as SPI flash programmmer by Asimkhan.
I want to make that program using Visual Basic , plZ help me
thank for attension my topic

spi programer

Hi,

that can also be done thru serial port too.. the thing is u hav to note down the intel hex standards and transfer the address and data either serialy or thru the parallel port of ur PC....

regards,
sujit

usb spi programmer

hello hbaocr, just send 8bits trough SPI... if you check the datasheets, you can see 3 or 4 bytes packets for programming commands... in the datasheet you can see the serial programing sequence (VDD, on, RST=high, & command=PROG_ENABLE), and the commands...
it works!
(I forgot my usb-stick at home. so i can´t load my VB at89s8252 programmer, sorry, maybe next time...)

spi in 89s52

Just thought I'd inform that FTDI has a chip (namely the FT2232) that acts as a USB->SPI interface. 6MHz max IIRC. If you hate SMD soldering, you can get it as a DIP40 breakout board with USB connector on it. FTDI has a dll that provide SPI APIs. You can even use the same chip for host emulation.

visual basic +isp programmer

this is all the project.... hope it´s useful...

spi visual basic

Thank Kurenai_ryu very much.
But The project you Uploaded have some problems.File Circuit can not open by orcad.And The programmer miss IO.DLL. Can you upload it again which include IO.DLL and circuit(File DSN)

spi tt english

mmm io.dll you can download from...
https://www.geekhideout.com/iodll.shtml
sorry i didn't note that.

and design is for proteus 6.9 (or 6.7 don´t remember...) the image is the circuit... I think you can redraw in the worst case...

Last edited by a moderator:

dll spi flash programmer

Kurenai_ryu said:
this is all the project.... hope it´s useful...

31_1187708882.jpg

the schematic shows 89c51

it may not programm in ISP mode. Also, the EA* pin may have to be pulled up

Sarma

at89s8252 programmer spi

sorry! proteus doesn't have an at89S51, so I used the pinout of the at89C51, and yes! the EA pin, should be pulled up! sorry I didn`t note it before..

spi programing

hi dear
i need a english code for vb or any compilers
programming 89s51 with spi and 74hc244 buffer

TNX to all

at89sxx

electronic6000 said:
hi dear
i need a english code for vb or any compilers
programming 89s51 with spi and 74hc244 buffer

TNX to all

you can use the above code with the 74HC244 buffer, you just need to bring the enable pins low when sending data. Or join them together so you only have one extra pin. (Remember that the output from the 74HC244 will be inverted)
OR you can use one section of the 244 for receiving, and the other side for transmitting.

If you need to translate the code there is a good online translator at altavista.com.
Just translate what you need to(the comments), don't do the whole code or it might not compile correctly.

I understand the above code, if you have any questions, please ask in the forums, I will try to help.

Good Luck

parallel spi programer

DEAR FRIENDS,

HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS WORK WITH 89S52 CONNECTED WITH SERIAL PORT( with some convertor -- serial to SPI ) And the access code with VB.?

IF THIS WILL BE DONE , IT WILL BE USEFULL TO MANY MANY OTHERS AND TO ME.

THANKING U ALL.

RONY.

74hc244 orcad

ronydc said:
DEAR FRIENDS,

HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS WORK WITH 89S52 CONNECTED WITH SERIAL PORT( with some convertor -- serial to SPI ) And the access code with VB.?

IF THIS WILL BE DONE , IT WILL BE USEFULL TO MANY MANY OTHERS AND TO ME.

THANKING U ALL.

RONY.

I did a standalone programmer, does not need any software or PC except to load the file you are programming. File loads with a terminal @9600 baud and is stored in an eeprom. Then you can program the 89S device anywhere.

All of the source is included. It would be fairly easy to use the my code and write a vb app to send the hex file.

Good Luck

spiprogrammer

Dear ctownsend,
really nice work you have done for the same.

BRAVO...!!

but unfortunately i am working only with "C" so i could not work on the .asm file to get it converted
forthe interface like VB.

I SCIENCERLY HOPE SOME ONE HAS MADE THE "C" PROGRAM FOR IT.. OHH.

THANKS ANY WAY,
RONY.

schematic isp programmer for at89sxx

Nice work Kurenai_ryu... I'll build soon..
Thanks!

how to mak a spi

Hi Kurenai_ryu.

Your code didn't work. Too much line missing..:cry:
But never mind, I finished my project (modifiy your code & hardware).

Thanks anyway..

LIAN

how to make spi code

hey lian.

its good to hear that your project has been completed.

but i m doing the same work as u have completed. so plz help me and give the code in vb which u have made in your project.
thanks and waiting for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.