Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do DSP implementation in hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSP Implementation

if u have a and DSP kit and ur code in c then just run it on ur kit through DSP's compiler.

Re: DSP Implementation

I think magnetra wants to design dedicated hardware, rather that doing on DSP Processor.
Can you please clear your question magnetra.

DSP Implementation

I was looking for something like a general purpose DSP processor where I could implement. What are the popular DSP processor for beginner to try out?
But sudarshan_onkar, you mentioned about dedicated hardware, what are the possibilities of that?

M

Re: DSP Implementation

Hello Magnetra,

if you would like to start with DSP I could suggest the Analog Devices 21xx series. Though it is an old architecture, it is easy to program both in C and assembly: I had the opportunity to work with ADSP-2181 and personally I think that ADI assembly instruction set is the easiest to learn for a beginner, compared to Freescale (Motorola) or Texas Instruments processors.
Unfortunately I can't suggest you an evaluation board because I worked always on custom designed boards and I don't know if ADI has developed one for ADSP-21xx family (you should check on the web site).
From what I have read on the ADI web site also the Blackfin family could be a good choice: the architecture of this processor looks very interesting (it is a hybrid between a DSP and MCU) but I don't have experience on that platform.

Regards
Mowgli

Status
Not open for further replies.